About the opportunity
Do you feel that as a young person there aren’t many opportunities for you to volunteer? If so, we’d love to hear your ideas and opinions!
The Volunteering Youth Panel is a collective of young people age 16-24, working with Voluntary Action Leicestershire to develop new, dynamic and enjoyable volunteering opportunities in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Members will have a voice across the organisation, attend panel meetings and act as consultants on projects. It’s a flexible and friendly group that provides you with a safe space to share your thoughts and ideas.
- Create and develop new youth volunteering roles
- Empower and engage organisations to work with young people
- Work with youth organisations and develop partnerships
- Provide a platform to promote opportunities specifically for young people
- Help members develop their personal and professional skills
- Connect young people with local communities
Volunteers will have dedicated support from Voluntary Action Leicestershire who will lead, mentor and assist the group. We will run group sessions and one-to-one meetings that will inform a wide range of projects. The most important thing is having your input on what you would like to see happen!
Tasks will include:
- Sharing ideas, knowledge and opinions
- Actively engaging with the public and young people to promote youth volunteering
- Co-developing content and design for guidance and website
- Co-ordinating programme delivery and pitches
What will you get out of it?
- Project Management and/or coordination experience
- Meet new people and make new connections
- Develop transferable skills that will help you into employment
- Be a part of a strong support system
- A reference to use for future employment/education opportunities
- Work with a team of up to 12 to create your own initiatives
We hope to hear from you soon. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be 16-25 years old