About the opportunity
Charity Link provides administration services to a number of local charities. The following Trustee vacancies are currently available:
H A Taylor Fund - two Trustee vacancies
- This charity supports residents of Syston who are in need, hardship or distress by making grants for essential items or services.
- There are seven Trustee meetings per year (meetings are held on Wednesday evenings at Syston Community Centre).
If you are interested in the role of Trustee, please apply via the VAL volunteering website to express your interest.
Charity Link is committed to facilitating diversity in Trustee recruitment and believes that Trustee Boards should reflect the communities they serve. H A Taylor Fund would welcome applications from potential Trustees who are under the age of 50 and/or from diverse ethnic backgrounds, in order to increase the diversity of the current Board of Trustees.
Trustees are required to have good knowledge of Syston, either through residence or through work, study or volunteering, for example.
You will need to be able to:
- Read and understand written reports and financial information about the charity
- Make balanced judgements about applications for grant aid
- Attend Trustee meetings regularly (these may be held online or face to face)
- Be willing to make constructive input to the Board of Trustees and the governance of the charity
- Understand the role and duties of a Trustee (an Induction Pack will be provided) and act at all times in the best interests of the charity
- Be aware of the needs of diverse communities and be open-minded about people with different backgrounds and circumstances