About the opportunity
As a Refugee Project Volunteer you would be helping asylum-seekers and refugees adjust to life in a new country offering valuable support and advice to ease the process for service users, and to support a team of caseworkers.
We use kindness to help those in crisis.
We're looking for someone with good interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and teamwork skills although full training will be given for any technical requirements. Also someone who is:
- A good communicator and empathetic about the situation and needs of refugees
- Knowledgeable about conflict and migration issues and sensitive to cultural issues, including those relating to gender
- Able to use emotional support skills in a calm and responsible manner
- Personally resilient as you may need to deal with difficult or challenging situations
- Able to keep the service user at the heart of what you do, supporting the Red Cross to understand service user needs and the difference our role makes.
- Able to speak good English; plus knowledge of a foreign language would be useful such as: Urdu, Pashtu, Dari. Farsi, Hindi, Amaric, Arabic, Kurdish or French.
- Willing to uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and adhere to the Society's Equal Opportunities Policy
- Able to commit time for 6 months 2 days per week between 10 -3, Monday to Friday.
- Understanding of GDPR regulations or willingness to learn.
We are taking applications at this challenging time, we will be holding telephone interviews and you will be able to prepare for volunteering by completing online training. However, there may be a delay in start date find out more and apply on the website here: http://bit.ly/RefugeeSupportProjectVolunteer
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact Annabelle on 07710 365713 or via email email@example.com