About the opportunity
We are seeking a volunteer to help us keep the information on our database up to date. Keeping our data up to date is crucial because it ensures that we can distribute our products and services appropriately to our client base, and it means we can be confident in our knowledge about the local voluntary and community sector (VCS).
Full training will be provided on the use of in-house systems.
The role will include various tasks including:
- Updating mailing lists.
- Using internal databases.
- Identifying and gathering missing data.
- Inputting data received from a variety of sources onto the database.
- Making phone calls to local groups.
This role will be managed by a dedicated advisor however will require a large amount of independent delivery.
The ideal volunteer for this role should:
- Have a basic understanding of Data and its purpose.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Be confident in using a range of IT software (including excel, word.)
- Be Happy to learn how to use our database.
- Be able to work independently when needed.
- Have a confident and polite phone manner.
- Be able to work independently and within a small team.
- Be able to use their own initiative and identify problems and soloutions.
- Be interested in volunteering consistently for 3 months.
- We will provide travel expenses that are incurred with the travel to and from VAL's office.
- References needed
- Age restrictions
Volunteers should be 18 +
This role is likely to be a fixed term role and last approximately 3 months. Ideally, volunteers will undertake one or two volunteering sessions per week. Days are flexible and can be chosen by the volunteer.