About the opportunity
Community Fridge Volunteers.
Food waste is a big issue in the UK and beyond. It’s estimated that a third of all food gets wasted. Most of this is avoidable and could have been eaten had it been better managed. The Community Fridges help to cut food waste, build stronger bonds within the community and redistribute good quality food.
There are many ways you can support the Community Fridge:
- Help us find businesses to donate food to the fridge
- Collection of food from donors
- Fridge cleaning
- Stock monitoring and placing food in correct location (shelves, fridge or freezer) with in a timeframe.
- Local fridge promotion
- Organising events to support the fridge and the local community
- Social media
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
- Age restrictions
- Accepts ex/offenders
Driving Licence and own Vehicle are not Essential but is required if helping to collect supplies.