About the opportunity
Charity Link provides administration services to a number of local charities. The following Trustee vacancy is currently available in Leicester:
St. Margaret's Charities
- This charity supports people in the City of Leicester who are in need, hardship or distress
- Two Trustee meetings per year (meetings are held at St. Margaret's Church, or online via video conference, during the daytime - often Monday afternoons)
- Grant applications are circulated by email for decision by Trustees throughout the year
If you are interested in the role of Trustee, please apply via the VAL volunteering website to express your interest.
Charity Link is committed to facilitating diversity in Trustee recruitment and believes that Trustee Boards should reflect the communities they serve.
Trustees are required to have reasonable knowledge of the city of Leicester, either through residence or through work, study or volunteering.
You will need to be able to:
- Read and understand written reports and financial information about the charity
- Make balanced judgements about applications for grant aid
- Attend Trustee meetings (these may be held online or face to face)
- Be willing to make constructive input to the Board of Trustees and the governance of the charity
- Understand the role and duties of a Trustee (an Induction Pack will be provided) and act at all times in the best interests of the charity
- Be aware of the needs of diverse communities and be open-minded about people with different backgrounds and circumstances
- Have regular access to email and respond to grant requests promptly.