About the opportunity
Bring your strong communication, networking and relationship-management skills to help support us with building local networks and partnerships in Rossendale. You’ll help to raise awareness of our services and inspire and grow local support for Macmillan, which will help us ensure that life with cancer is still life – let’s help people live it.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for:
- Confident about speaking in public
- Good communication skills and a friendly attitude
- An ability to use your own initiative
- A good knowledge of local groups within your community
- An interest in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides
What you can gain from this opportunity:
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Use and develop your communication and influencing skills, enhancing your CV
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people affected by cancer
- Receive an induction, relevant training and support from your local team
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guideline
- References needed
• Attend cheque presentations and give talks to groups to thank them for their support • Raise awareness of our local cancer services and fundraising events. • Research, book and attend local functions and events to represent Macmillan • Identify opportunities for and give talks at local schools, community organisations and businesses to raise awareness of our work and inspire them to support us • Build strong links with key local figures, influencers and decision-makers, inspiring them to support us and introducing them to your local fundraising team
What will you get out of it?
• Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you • Use and develop your communication and influencing skills, enhancing your CV • Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people affected by cancer • Receive an induction, relevant training, support from your local team and agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guidelines.
How much time should I give?
This is a flexible, home based volunteer role for which we’d suggest a few hours a month, or more if you have the time. The role will involve some travel within your local community.