About the opportunity
Furniture Warehouse Driver Team Member:
Our Furniture Project has been active for more than 20 years during which time we have made over 20000 deliveries and collections across the local area. We save countless re-usable items of furniture from going to land fill whilst helping the local community. At the last count we had saved over 10000 sofas from going to landfill.
Do you want to play a part in the next 10000??
- Work with crew of 1 – 2 members as you drive a furniture collection van around the local area collecting donated furniture and delivering to customer locations and our shops.
- Represent the organisations values when out and about in our fleet of vans
- Work safely at all times
- Communicate clearly with team members to ensure the job gets done well
- Communicate appropriately with donors when collecting items
Duties and tasks:
- Be happy being out on a van for the morning
- Good knowledge of the local area or the ability to follow a sat nav
- Lifting and carrying items of furniture
- Ensuring that donated items are stowed correctly on the van using load restraints if needed
What are we looking for:
- This is a driving role so a full driving licence will be required.
- The role requires some lifting so a reasonable level of fitness is required
- Presentation is important. You will be meeting members of the public and you represent our team
- You will be happy working with others and helping those around you
- Driving license
- References needed