About the opportunity
We’re looking for friendly volunteers to help run our city centre Food Stop, which provides emergency food parcels to individuals and families in need. Whether it’s serving customers, collecting donations or stocking shelves there is a place for you at the Food Stop.
- Processing donations and sorting them by food type, expiry date
- Where necessary transferring donations from storage to storefront
- Checking customer ID to ensure each one receives the correct food parcel
- Helping customers put together balanced food parcels based on their needs, personal preferences, and requirements
- Acting as a friendly, approachable point of contact in store
Action Homeless will provide you with a full induction to your role and any relevant training.
We require all volunteers to fill out an application form and provide two references. Please get in touch and we will send you a form.
- References needed
- Age restrictions
- A desire to work with a wide range of people
- Good communicator