About the opportunity
The role would be ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with people and has an interest in volunteering and encouraging others to volunteer. The role requires speaking with both members of the public and organisations therefore the ideal volunteer will be a confident communicator. There will be some office based administration tasks involved, but primarily this role will be based out of the office at various locations.
The main duties would include:
- Attending events alongside a VAL advisor.
- Supporting the advisors to Promote VALs offer.
- Speaking with event attendees about Volunteering, how they can get involved and it's various benefits.
- Signing up event attendees to VAL's mailing lists.
- Working with advisors to develop engaging or interactive tasks for events when appropriate.
- Entering sign up lists into the VAL database.
Volunteers must be over 18
The ideal candidate will:
- Be confident in communicating with a wide range of people.
- Have an approachable, polite and professional attitude.
- Be non-judgemental and open minded.
- Have an understanding of the Voluntary Sector and Benefits of Volunteering.
- Be willing to learn about VAL’s wider offer and support various teams across VAL.
- Be willing to travel to events across Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Be willing to undertake occasional admin tasks related to events.