About the opportunity
While sleeping rough is the most visible form of homelessness, the causes and consequences of having nowhere stable to live are often much more complicated. That’s why we’ve developed a recovery based approach for our clients, focusing on addressing the issues a person faces to help them move on with their lives.
A big part of this is encouraging clients to engage with activities and training, either in the accommodation where they live or through our Recovery Colleges. The Recovery College supports people who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness to rebuild their lives and fulfil their potential through learning skills, training and sustained employment.
As Digital Drop-in Facilitator you will be leading a two hour IT drop in session one day a week.
You will be providing support for clients in a number of online areas including: completing online applications, job searches and writing CVs using Word. We are also looking for someone who can support our clients creatively with creating blogs, web design and creating artwork. This will be a fantastic oppporuntity to share your skills with a diverse group of people with a lived experience of homelessness.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria:
• A love of technology and desire to share that enthusiasm would be great!
• Ability to see the best in people and to motivate individuals in a learning environment.
• Have good communication skills with a friendly and calm manner
• Understanding of the causes of homelessness and its impact.
• Ability to work with people who may have offending behaviour, substance use and/or mental health, with sensitivity and respect. We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using and moving on from support services.
• Willingness to attend training to develop you in your volunteer role.
- References needed
- Willing to take a DBS Check
- Accepts ex/offenders