Terms & Conditions
1.1. Welcome to the VAL Volunteering website, www.volunteerleicestershire.org.uk (‘the website’). The website is provided and operated by Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (‘Us’, or ‘we’). Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (VAL) is the trading name of Voluntary Action Leicester. Registered Charity No. 509300 and Company Limited by Guarantee No. 1357513. Registered in England & Wales.
1.3. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior warning or notification. You should check our terms and conditions on a regular basis to review any changes. By continuing to use the website, you agree to comply with and be bound by any variations to the terms and conditions. If you disagree with any of the variations in terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
1.4. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights.
2. Your information
2.2. We accept no liability for any breach of your personal information which occurs outside of our reasonable control.
2.3. We accept no liability for any breach of personal information caused by your actions or of the actions of any other user of this website.
2.4. It is your responsibility to ensure that your username and password are secure; we accept no liability for security issues related to users choosing passwords and passwords which are insecure or have been used to access other websites.
2.5. Users must provide true, accurate and complete information where requested as part of registration for this website.
2.6. When setting up a user account, users must not:
- Provide deliberately false information about yourself or your organisation
- Set up a user account using details of other individuals or organisations
- Allow others to access your account, or willingly compromise the security of your user account in any way
- Transfer ownership of your account without express permission from us
- Be registered with the Violent and Sex Offender Register
3. How your content will be used
3.1. All content submitted to our website will be subject to review by us and publication will be at our sole discretion.
3.2. We accept no liability for inaccuracies or incorrect information on this website.
3.3. All content submitted by you remains your property, but must adhere to our standards as presented below. We reserve the right to refuse publication of any content which does not meet these terms and conditions.
4. Content Standards
4.1. Your content must not:
- Include deliberate inaccuracies, deceptions or misrepresentations, particularly relating to any factual information you provide
- Violate any applicable laws, statutes or regulations
- Promote illegal or unlawful acts
- Contain malicious code, viruses, worms or any other harmful programs
- Contain materials not owned by you or licensed to you by third parties
- Contain defamatory material
- Contain material deemed obscene or offensive by us
- Promote religious beliefs
- Promote political beliefs
- Promote discrimination of any kind
- Infringe on any copyrights or trademarks
- Breach contracts or legal duties with third parties
- Harass or upset others
- Contain promotional or advertising material
- Contain links to external content not relevant to our website or the service it provides
4.2. In addition to the above standards, all volunteering opportunities must:
- Be voluntary; we will not advertise paid job opportunities through our website
- Be based in Leicester or Leicestershire Contribute to social good and benefit the community, as well as the volunteer
- Be opportunities within your organisation only
4.3. By posting a volunteering opportunity on our site, you agree to:
- Respond promptly to applicants, even when an opportunity has expired
- Communicate with all applicants in a respectful, professional and non-discriminatory manner at all times
5. Our liabilities
5.1. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to this Website.
5.2. We do not guarantee that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected.
5.3. We accept no liability for any failure to maintain the website.
5.4. We accept no liability for inaccurate information provided by third parties regarding organisations or volunteering opportunities.
5.5. We accept no liability for any loss caused as a result of your actions on this website.
6.1. These terms are governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website will be under the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.